- Peanut's coat is not nearly as pale as it has been in past winters. His socks are still very visible, which is highly unusual. Last year I believe that they could be seen if you looked hard enough, but this year they are apparent.
- When presented with the option of either walking on the driveway or walking through snow, he chooses the snow every time.
- The soles of his feet are brilliant white. Well, maybe ivory, but a lot paler than normal.
- Not only are they seemingly immune to the cold with their fuzzy pelts, I am often amazed that his little pink upper lip can whisk its way through snow without a break. It's only protected by a sparse covering of thick, short hair, and his pink skin shows through easily. Shouldn't it get cold?
- Peanut will eagerly march through deep snow without another thought, dropped, no less. His only dismay seems to be the clumsy biped that he keeps on the end of the lead. With only two stubby legs, it just cannot keep up and often asks him to stop so it can catch up and catch its breath. How annoying.
Here I blather about my bumblings with two horses: my 15 year-old palomino TWH Peanut and my husband's 28 year-old leopard bay TB/Appy cross Gene.
We are primarily trail riders, boarding across the street from one of the best systems of bridle trails in the Northeast.
Oh... and it seems that this has also become something of an art blog. Alas....
Monday, January 31, 2011
Winter musings
It's been quiet. I'm mainly just wandering around with Nuts, letting him have a few of his brother's oats, a little alfalfa, and then to the berm around the ring where he might grab a snatch of soggy, cold grass. I've noticed a few things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:D
Post a Comment