Exhibit A:
The underside of Peanut's jaw, with bitless bridle cross-unders. Part of tacking up before the Great Spring Shed is adjusting these hairs so that they are not pulled and make a Grumpy Nut. Buckling the nose band is another exercise in hair avoidance.
I am anti-clip, but I am SO tempted....
Oh! Lest I forget - at the end of our ride today I decided not to use my voice in the halt, as I usually do. I have been getting out of practice in my seat aids since he listens to my verbal whoa, and I don't like that. So, I decided that I wanted to stop, and had to think... ok... core. Wait, forgot legs, upper legs and...
By that time he had quietly come to a perfect, squared stop, and was patiently standing and waiting for me to catch up.
I praised him like mad, gave him a jackpot, and dismounted.

1 comment:
I am totally convinced that "anti-clip" doesn't include the goatface. At least after the real winter storms have passed. I can't bear waiting til June or whenever that stupid chin hair falls out on its own!
Post a Comment