Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby's got a new pair of shoes

Well, not shoes.  Boots.  It only took over 5 months with no communication, and I honestly think I was forgotten about, until I emailed a few weeks ago and suddenly they were miraculously going to be shipped that very Wednesday!  How... coincidental?  The last I heard from them, in October, I was told "expect them no earlier than Thanksgiving."

And after being told that they were shipping Wednesday, I got them several weeks later.  Again, no communication.

But dammit, they fit him better than any other boots have.  Some rubbing, but nothing that seemed to bother him, and it was all much milder than any other boots on him.  I don't know if I can do it all over again for rears!

These are taken on a hill that he was never very thrilled with.  Here, the general thought is: "rocks?  What rocks?"

Steph rode him (for the first time) so that I could stare at the boots as he walked.  At one point one popped off after a stream crossing, so I tightened one wing and we were good to go.  The rubs seemed to be at the very front of the coronary, and some where the coronary meets the hoof in the heel.  There was no redness in his skin, and he didn't care when I messed with them, so it seemed minor.

I will need to rasp in a rollover, as he kept tripping over his suddenly longer toes while he walked.

In other news, Hoppy saw Gene on Saturday and declared him 300% better than when she first saw him, and much improved since his last visit in the range of motion in his knees.  She said that, if left in the state he was in when she first came to work on him, he would either be dead or an invalid pasture puff by now.  *smug, self-satisfied grin*





1 comment:

Funder said...

Sucks that they have such poor customer service, but yay boots that fit!