First, Mona the Friesian is has sun-bleached to a gorgeous, deep, dappled mahogany. I just had to snap a pic after our trim last weekend.
I actually like her far better this way than her usual black.
And more progress pics:
 |
| Added a hock. |
 |
| BELLY! Big round belly! |
 |
| Head shadow. |
 |
| More work on the head shadow, and a start on the neck and chest. |
I've made no secret of the fact that I have no idea of what I'm doing here. And damn, this painting is really, really challenging. His partly-shed winter coat is messing with my head as it is so much lighter than his summer coat - I have a hard time making out highlights vs. winter hair. Plus there is just SO much going on in every little bit of him.
How I miss spots to hide everything with....
A detail of the neck/chest as it is right now. Where I am is hard-fought and still not perfect....
 |
| He has some hairless spots on his chest which will be blackish blobs - they are out of place gray here. |
2 comments:
Mona is always pretty, any color, but wow the summer coat. And Peanut. . . I am very familiar with his lighter winter coat after brushing a ton off him and watching it blow down the field :) I'm sure he's not easy to paint but it is looking really good.
Thank you!!!
Post a Comment