I wonder, do people prefer horses that are like themselves? This question came to mind when I was out walking with Anne, Jeana, and Joan. I was lagging behind, and felt just like Peanut. We're both round, pokey, and tend to bring up the rear on trails. I then considered our personalities and realized:
I am like Peanut.
Rick is like Gene.
Joan is most definitely like her arabians.
Anne likes mares with attitude. She is like her preferred horses.
Leeandra is like Dolly.
Do we gravitate towards horses that remind us of ourselves?
Even if we don't know the horse well before buying/forming an attachment, the personalities seem to mesh afterwards. I wouldn't want Gene, an arabian, Mona, Cheyenne, or Dolly to be my horse. I never clicked with them. I click with Peanut, and I didn't know him well at all before buying him. How does this happen?
I did decide to shop for a TWH because of what I read about their personalities. Perhaps I had already made my choice.
Oh... and after reading over my last entry... I really need to keep from blogging at 3am.
No comments:
Post a Comment