Friday, April 10, 2009

Stupid week

This has got to be a week for the record books.

Monday: I get a call from my mother that my father has been given 2 weeks to live. I haven't talked to him in 13 years, but my stepmother said that he wanted the kids to know.

Tuesday: My neighbor at work's boyfriend's mother is given 2 weeks to live.

Tuesday: Champ.

Wednesday: Pippa's 4 day-old foal is put down.

Wednesday: Secret begins to go downhill after her latest surgery on her leg.

Thursday: Secret's given a good prognosis. :)

Today: I'm fine until I got to work and then I just started aching all over. I couldn't stand it, so I shuffled downstairs to the excuse of a cafe and spent $1.10 on two ibuprofen pills. I got back to my desk, and I started freezing to the point that my teeth were chattering even though I had put my coat back on. Then I decided that sitting up was too much like work since I started to feel faint and nauseous, so I stretched out on the floor for a bit. Luckily my cube is long and no one passed by. I got up to help someone else on the other side of the room and started to feel better while I was sitting at her desk. She gave me some hot tea and I went back to my desk, where I promptly started to sweat. So, I spent the rest of the day sweating and with a pounding headache.

All I needed was to start throwing up yellow bile and I could have had malaria.

I get into my car to come home at the end of the day and my glasses break. They have to get a replacement in so I'm back to my old glasses for about a week. I'm lucky that I could find them.

I feel like death warmed over right now. Maybe I have the plague.

I just got a call that my girth is in, so that's the last piece of my saddle puzzle. Tomorrow, new saddle. :)

It's supposed to rain.

2 comments:

Funder said...

Hugs! I hope the rain moved past, and you're feeling better, and you're out riding in your new saddle right now.

Sara said...

Hugs for you too. We both need them.