Yesterday Anne and I took Peanut on a short walk. I mainly wanted to see how he'd do with the rocky uphill that he dramatically limped up on Sunday.
He was fine.
Just fine.
Whew. :)
He is still tracking that hind in the middle of his body, but I do hope Rick will call Hoppy soon so that we can get that taken care of. Hint hint.
I'm debating whether to have the vet look at Peanut. They're just such a crap shoot when it comes to possible lameness issues in gaited horses. I think I'll have Happy take a look at him first (after all, her business is horse joints and their relation to muscle and movement), and see what she says. I'm not discounting my vet, it's just that my other pros are specialists in their respective fields. I'd listen to what the dentist had to say about teeth before the vet, what the trimmer had to say about feet before the vet, etc.
Quit looking at me like that.
In other good news, we took Bonnie to the vet for blood work. Of our 5 cats, she's tied for the oldest (15), and she has the most health problems. The good thing was that her thyroid is just going crazier, so we just need to up her meds. Why is this good news? Because she is also having kidney issues, but they have only worsened minimally. I'll take a wonky thyroid any day.
Speaking of thyroids, I don't recall Peanut's popping out at me lately. Then again, maybe I'm used to the golf ball in his neck now?
No comments:
Post a Comment