I was just thinking how I am such a downer around non-horse people when they bring up horses.
So far I've told the non-horsey folk about
- Horse overpopulation and slaughter
- The harmful effects of shoeing
- The ugly facts behind horse racing
- The foley whinny added to tv shows/movies when someone hauls back on a horse's mouth and it yanks its head in the air, mouth agape, reacting to pain from the bit
- My stance on stalling horses and why mine aren't
- Sheath cleaning (this is ALWAYS a fun one for watching facial expressions)
- What they do to the poor TWH, and why Peanut's life was most likely saved just because he's a bastard and bastards can't be registered
- The subtleties of riding - aka, why I still take lessons
2 comments:
Remember when my truck battery died? The service manager guy knew my accent so we got to talking and his family's from Middle Tennessee and we agreed that Reno's awesome and blah blah. After he got me the loaner car, when we were waiting on the paperwork for it, somehow horses came up. I told him that I've got a TWH that I hauled all the way from Tennessee, and he told me that his grandfather has a big farm and raises Walkers and :headdesk: is on the board of the TWHBEA. I didn't scream at him about how his family tortures horses. I was so proud of myself!
I hope you feel better soon :)
Wow, I don't know if I could have resisted saying "on the board? How many violations does he have?"
Thank you, me too!
Post a Comment