Mona in her old field, with nary a clue of what's about to happen.
Sup mom? What's shaking?
Cool. Where are we going?
Leaving the field (and mud) for the last time.
Entering the barn for the last time.
What are all of these promises about dry feet? Why are we cleaning up the mud?
One last look. Why is everyone acting so oddly?
Mona's daughter feels that something is afoot and occasionally calls.
Oh, we're going somewhere? For a ride, eh? Alone? But everyone is still acting so weird.
Hairy part of the trailering (when Joan moved my boys, she completely white-knuckled this part)
No room for error.
Unloading. No one's acting like we're just going for a trail ride. Something is up.
After a snack of yummy hay in a stall (while the bipeds got the truck pulled out of the mud), it's another gate into another field.
Hmmm, new horses in the other part of this field, beyond this fence...
Let's go say hi.
Haha, they have to canter to keep up with my trot!
Whee!
Sup?
Wow, check out these accommodations!
I think I could like it here.
It all went really well. Mona is now best friends with Cheyenne, and everything was relatively peaceful. She has stopped coming to Anne-Marie, which she takes as approval of her new home and herd.
Shortly after this picture, we ventured into the field to take down her tail. I played interference, but it really wasn't necessary.
She is a great trail buddy. Our guys get along great as we ride, despite our two alphas who can hate other horses.
Welcome home, Mona. :)

























2 comments:
She's so pretty in that first picture, with her muddy legs cut off at the knee! Congrats to her and A-M. :)
Does A-M really leave her mane braided all the time? Isn't that a horrible tangled mess when she takes it down to rebraid? I am very curious about this.
Thanks so much Funder! As far as Mona's braids go, as long as I don't leave them in longer than a couple weeks and I do a good job detangling prior to braiding it's usually not too bad. As this is the first time I have her close enough to braid on a regular basis I can keep you posted on what I find works and what doesn't. And PLEASE feel free to help this newbie as well.
Guess I should start a Blog aye?
Post a Comment