Here I blather about my bumblings with two horses: my 15 year-old palomino TWH Peanut and my husband's 28 year-old leopard bay TB/Appy cross Gene.
We are primarily trail riders, boarding across the street from one of the best systems of bridle trails in the Northeast.
Oh... and it seems that this has also become something of an art blog. Alas....
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Pretty Awesome Pony
He is a pretty pony...
...he is an awesome pony.
We went on a trail ride yesterday with Anne and Mona, and he was rock solid. We've been having some mounting issues (but I think that's because I'm not doing the best job centering the treeless, so that's something I need to work on), but after that he was amazing. He was a good sport, even when we had to become training accessories to Mona. If I asked him to do something, he did so willingly. He got much praise and many cookies slipped to him from the saddle, but after a while I ran out of cookies and he was still an awesome boy.
I really think that he's becoming more agreeable as a trail horse, as he no longer balks to taking detours or turn-arounds from home that would then make the trail ride longer. Every now and then I get a slight "hey..." but he just as quickly obliges and we carry on.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
He's a pretty pony AND an awesome pony. Who is crazy for cookies.
Crazy for cookies and crazy for lickin's after he's had a cookie.
:)
Post a Comment