I always thought Peanut enjoys a hike out into the park more than a ride. He would drop his nose and walk like a bloodhound, sniffing as we went, all while being relaxed, agreeable, and doofy. Well, last weekend I took him for a hike and he starting pulling his tricks where he did not want to walk down trails leading away from home and even tried to bolt down a side path (the same one he ran off on with Stephanie aboard) until I ended up running beside his shoulder to block his sideways motion.
All he wanted to do was eat and his manners deteriorated to the point where he got a smack on the bum with the end of his lead. Seriously, the horse is fat, he lives 24/7 on 15 acres of grass, and he does not need food.
So, now what? He's not happy to hike, he's not happy to ride, the only things he likes are clicker training (food) and grazing (food). Well, he's better behaved in rides, so maybe he would actually prefer them now?
Sigh.
But, in other news, I finally reached a milestone that I've been eyeing for a while. You see, I stopped going hardcore Weight Watchers sometime around January. I decided to take what I learned and see what would happen, and I stabilized. I was fine with that, but still wanted to yank off another pesky 20 lbs.
At the middle of this month, which is a year from when I started, I decided to go back on it and get the last lbs off. As of this morning, I weigh in at "average" for my height according to BMI charts. Now, I know a lot of people consider it utter bunk, but it was a goal for me. I have gone from "obese" to "overweight" and now.... "average". :)
Still another 15 lbs to go....
2 comments:
Sounds about right for horsey behavior, though, doesn't it? Or animals in general for that matter. Food is the prize.
Congrats on the milestone of being "average"! :)
Congrats on the weight loss! Great job, we all know how hard it is.
I just tell Dixie that this is how she earns her keep, by carting me around. I don't think she likes training rides at all. She does enjoy actual endurance rides, with lots of other exciting horses going down exciting trails, but keeping her in shape to do 50s is a grind. Ahh well. Suck it up, princess ;)
Post a Comment