Sunday, August 5, 2012

Getting closer to GOAAAAAAAAL

As of today, I've officially lost 60 lbs.  I don't know what weighs 60 lbs... so I can't compare it to anything.

I'm about 10 lbs from my goal.  It's so close that I'm getting impatient.

However, I have achieved one goal.  There's one tack shop, the one where I sold my two former Peanut saddles, that has a consignment section.  Years ago I noticed two hunt coats in there, made in England, velvet collars, in black (not the stereotypical red).  Actually, the lining is a lovely red, so it's not completely red-free.  I would look at them every time I was there, wistfully, thinking about how I would love to wear that style as a light-weight jacket.  Naturally, they were far too small for me.

Close to the beginning of my WW adventure, I promised myself that, if I lost enough weight to fit into one of them, then it would be mine.

Like a sudden shock of electricity, I remembered this promise to myself.  I had completely forgotten as I do not go to that tack shop often, and had not been there in probably over a year.

As of yesterday, I am the owner of a Harry Hall of London frock coat.  It looks just like this - same inside tag and everything (but mine was a bit cheaper).  It fits!  With all four buttons buttoned, the bottom button is tight, but as the shop owner told me you never button the bottom button of your hunt coat.  I was standing in the mirror, sneaked that bottom button closed again, and she caught me and reminded me.

Hopefully when the last 10 lbs are off then it will fit spectacularly.  It fits well enough now.

The other coat was much smaller.  Yeah.  That would never happen.

I also got a new barn coat so that I have one that fits this winter.  It is a very nice coat, was the only one in the store, and fit (although another 10 lbs in it would be nice as well).  With Anne-Marie's gift certificate and a good deal of peer pressure as I waffled, I snagged it.  :)

In other news, the weather is hot, muggy and gross.  I snuck in a ride last weekend, and Peanut was fabulous on trail, leading Richard on Gene and Michelle on Secret.  Such a very, very good boy.

5 comments:

Funder said...

Congrats!! that's totally awesome. Love the lines of that coat!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am halfway to my goal and STUCK at a plateau :-( I'm trying to fight through it though! I will fight through!

I haven't ridden Daniel in a few weeks. It's just too stinking HOT! I go, give him carrots, flyspray him, groom him, and let him back with his buddies. Hoping for a morning that's in the high 70's low 80's, then I'll go for a walk with him. In this heat, he doesn't need me on his back!

Sara said...

Thanks all! Is it sad that I love the look of some equestrian clothing, but would never consider wearing it while riding? It would get too dirty.

I had a 6-month long plateau, Lisa, I hear ya! Congrats on the halfway, that's great!

And I hear you about the horses. Yesterday I went to see Peanut, looked him over in the field to ensure that he was ok, then let him decide if he wanted to come with me to the gate and thus out of it. He did, so after a hoof picking we grazed in the shade until I got a fly in my eye and I was done. All I was doing was smacking them off of him anyway.

Bleh, it was terrible. He doesn't need me on his back either.

Kate P said...

Oh yes, oh yes, it is yours! :)

I have a feeling you will lose your 10 before I lose my 10--but if it's you, I'm perfectly O.K. with that. (Anybody else would annoy the heck outta me.)

And nice job on the ride, Peanut!

Sara said...

Thank you. And you never had as much weight as I did to lose! :P

I'm glad that you missed me at my heaviest.