Gene is looking fabulous. As my barn manager texted to me, she never saw a sick horse look so good. He is gaining weight, is almost done shedding, is eating his antibiotics like a champ and has not lost his personality or appetite. On the 25th the vet is coming out to draw his blood to see what's what, and we'll go from there.
Peanut didn't look off on Monday. I just loved on the boys in the field, but also made Peanut do a lot of tight turns on that foot and nothing was amiss. He was also putting weight on it without issue and I didn't see him resting it at all.
Since the grass was coming in, I didn't press the issue of having him come out and they didn't offer. Besides, I had an appointment to keep. Maybe more on that later after the horse drama is done. Things are... interesting.
I am going to start the boys on a new supplement. Peanut has been getting Horse Manna and Gene has been off of supplements since starting Equidae. As I was desperately looking up info on milk thistle seed (recommended for liver problems by Hoppy) I found these folk. I read the ingredients to one of our friends, Rick's massage therapist, who is also heavily into human supplements and nutrition and she gushed over every one. I have ordered Peanut the Leisure Horse supplement and will be ordering Gene the Senior Horse once his blood is drawn. We'll see what Peanut thinks once they arrive.
Yes, they're pricey, but you don't have horses if you want to have any money, right?
I was a little worried about combining the Equidae with the supplement, but I contacted them and found that the one who created the supplement feeds her own horses Equidae (for the same reasons I do) and that it is fine.
They have fabulous customer service, I must say.
We'll see what happens. I much prefer the boys getting their nutrition from the original plant source then some artificial mish-mash. It's like whole grain flour vs. enriched flour - one has the original nutrients as nature intended and the other was stripped of them and then some lab tried to put them back. Give me the original.
1 comment:
I'm glad the horsey boys are looking better! I miss them.
"Things are... interesting." Do tell. Wherever, whenever. :)
Post a Comment