I am spending my shop time drawing instead of creating jewelry. It's a nice change of pace, and I consider it practice for my planned foray into painting.
This is the latest. How in the world did these lasses have their skirts so perfect while on the horse? All you could see were hints of where her legs were. I know that's how they were designed, but damn.
Also, if anyone made my horses' feet look like this horse's, they would be promptly fired. As an aside, I saw a stuffed horse from the Civil War at the Smithsonian recently, and its feet were horrific. I probably looked quite odd on my knees, studying its toes (and heavy shoes).
Again, black and white charcoal on gray paper.

2 comments:
Great drawing--I have no problem imagining your behavior in the museum after all the times we've been in museums together!
Perfect skirt-arranging probably was an art. Took up all their time so they didn't really need a decent education, right?
Me, act odd in a museum? Never!!!
(Last time we were at an art museum Richard questioned why I was staring at the paintings at odd angles. To see the brushstrokes, duh!)
After reading what I could from my heavily damaged circa late 1800s book on riding sidesaddle, it seemed that an imperfect skirt was the least of your possible equestrian faux pas! So exacting!
Post a Comment