Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tryin' New Things

Lately, Peanut has been expressing growing displeasure with his Fhoenix saddle.

Lately, I have been expressing growing displeasure with putting on the Fhoenix saddle.

Here we are with Anne-Marie's graciously loaned Wintec Wide A/P:

Stop looking at my hand, I was chillin' and chattin'.
Mona's gullet seemed to fit Peanut well, and he seemed to be cool with the saddle.  I know what he is like when a saddle pisses him off, and he seemed completely neutral to this one.

I, on the other hand, felt dem damn saddle bars.  Ow.  I've been sitting in memory foam for years, and having structure in the saddle sucked.  Also, it would take me some time to find my happy place in an A/P saddle.

Wintec does make a Wide Dressage now, which must be new.  I think I like the dressage leg set better.  It's not like I have any plans to jump Mr. Floppy Pasterns.

I sat in the Wintec Wide Dressage at Dover, but they only had an 18" seat and I was swimming in it.  I loved the feel of the Wintec Pro Dressage 16.5", but that can't take the wide gullets.

After putzing around for a while (here, and there, lap of the farm, exploring the woods on the property - Peanut's idea!), I found that the pressure was all at the back of the saddle.  This is not unusual and has shown up in every saddle ever.  However, the Wintecs now have customizable shims which may be an answer.

We'll see.  Can't act until my credit card turns over anyway.

To give an idea of my immensely wide TWH, I believe this is the gullet that was in the saddle:

Dang.

Post-ride Peanut:


Show off.

2 comments:

Funder said...

Damn girl you look gooood. I feel your Saddle Quest pain!

Sara said...

*blush* thank you!

I totally checked out the saddle you have for Dixie and liked what I read about it. Unfortunately I have to go for something a bit cheaper this time and the Wintecs can be had locally. Maybe if THIS one doesn't work out.... sigh.