The boys also got a better grooming than they had in a while, and we got to spend more time with them than we have in weeks. No numb toes!!!
The melting snow meant that the ground was rather swampy, but we did what we could to stay in open areas where the footing was best.
Pictures!!!!!!
This is Peanut's newest trick: kissing. I had only meant for him to touch me with his upper lip, but he decided that was not good enough and it was so cute that I went with it. Therefore, this is how he kisses. So cute... but so gross. The cue isn't completely solid yet, and I always have to bend down near the level of his mouth, but I get it more often than not.
![]() |
| This has to be somewhere on the short list of things to never do with a horse. Don't try this at home. |
![]() |
| I can pretend my pony cares, can't I? |
The light really made me want to capture this next photo, and I had to try and try (Richard eventually got it). He kept looking back and moving when I would try to set it up. Of course, it looked much better in person....
![]() |
| Are you looking at my bum? Are you? Are you looking at it? Bum looker! |
Once I put him back I knew he would roll. That's what he does after a ride. I say it's because he's getting the people-stink off of him, but more likely he's getting his back back into sorts. The weather has the field looking less than pristine, and as Peanut grazed before being put back the barn manager assured us that the fields will be tidied up tomorrow if the weather holds out. We never even said anything! But, of course this gives Peanut more ammunition to get the people-stink off.
![]() |
| First you shake off the stink... |
![]() |
| ...then you roll it away completely. |
![]() |
| And find time to do a llama impression in-between. |
For his part, Gene had such a hearty graze that he needed to follow it up with a nap in the sun. SO sleepy. Life is hard!
And Richard and I love that he's so spoiled in his old age. :)
Then I stood by while Mona was returned to her field. If her herd is in the upper field, she gallops off to return to them.
So Peanut, what did you think of today in general?
Classy. Gene, how about...
Oh shut up, both of you.
















2 comments:
That's a lot of horsey tongue in one post! And awwwww Peanut kisses and sleepy Gene.
Don't tell Peanut & Gene but Mona is probably the most beautiful horse I've ever seen.
Those tongues were just a-poppin' out today!
Well, there's a reason why Friesians are a fantasy breed for a lot of people... as opposed to the Tennessee Walker. But that's ok, Peanut's still pretty as a princess. :)
Post a Comment