The woods around it are full of multiflora rose and/or is too narrow for a pudgy palomino. The tree itself is too tall for Peanut to step over.
Have I ever mentioned that he is known to get stuck halfway over a log?
So, that combined with incessant rain (no snow... but tons of rain? why not, and don't forget to add some serious wind) is making for very dull horse-time.
I ended up emailing the Maryland Department of Natural Resources when I found that it was still blocked on Sunday, which is the 3rd weekend. They thanked me and forwarded the email on to the proper staff.
Random blathering:
- I realized something about my life recently when I watched someone on TV get into bed. They folded back the covers and got in. Impossible! Everyone knows you have to spend a few minutes sweeping out the day's accumulation of kitty litter from the sheets and out from under your pillow first. No matter how well you cover everything, it can't be stopped.
- Most horse people 'round here have appaloosa stories. They had/rode/knew an appaloosa and have a story that will inevitably be sparked by mentioning/showing that you have an appy. Tennessee Walkers? Just silence and blank stares. Maybe a surprised "oh, he's a Walker?" Gaited horses are a mystery wrapped in an enigma and, in Peanut's case, wrapped in a Twinkie.
- Blah blah blah. I can't wait until a bright day where the trails are dry. Peanut and I will be out for hours, and it will be glorious. I just gotta figure out how to take a halter with us as I have a bridle that can't be placed over a halter and a saddle that can't take a saddle bag. Hmmm.

2 comments:
Oooh, rough tree placement!
If you've got any D rings, you can just clip your halter or bridle to a D ring with a carabiner? Dixie doesn't seem to mind when I pull the bridle and clip it at her shoulder.
There are three small rings on my saddle for attaching the optional underpad. One on each side of the pommel and one at the center back. Not much to attach to and I'm afraid of it flopping around as we ride. :(
I can get creative and use his bridle as a halter, but he's rather itchy in it and leads better with a halter.
1st world problems....
Post a Comment