Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Don't be jealous of my pony

You can say that you are not, but I always see you lookin'....

Props to anyone who gets that reference.

Peanut... what can I say?

I went riding out with 3 others, and there were two times when we were 3rd in line, the 2 horses in front started freaking the fuck out, and Peanut walked around them like it warn't no thang and carried on.  At one point the TB in the lead spooked backwards into his chest - I mean her booty slammed into him - and he just kinda looked at it, we sidestepped, and led past the scariness as everyone else was doing damage control behind us.

This was the first time we rode through the covered bridge, and he didn't care.

We rode through a parking lot, and he didn't care.

We rode over a long noisy bridge that echoed their steps back at them, and he didn't care.

He got Mona's hind feet double barreled at his head twice when he got too close, and he didn't care.

The only time he cared was in a canter across a field where I ended up over-stimulated by everything around us (horses shooting past us - I knew they were coming but not when or where, bad footing, the sudden appearance of a huge parking lot) and unintentionally dropped us out of the canter and freaked out, but he quickly recovered and walked it off.

A week later, Richard and I rode for a wee bit, then he dismounted and I headed to the ring to do some fast stuff (which I do around the outside of the ring instead of in).  Close to the ring is a rental house owned by the barn owners, and they were in the backyard with a lot of equipment messing around in a tree.  Someone was standing in the lifted bucket of a front loader, hidden in the branches, making noise and rustling all over.  Peanut gave it a glare, so I decided we were going to visit.

As we got closer, I explained to the barn manager (who was in the front loader with her grandson) that I was coming over so Peanut could see and know that everything was ok.

"Peanut's not ok," she said.

"Yes he is," I said.

"No he's not." she said.

He was.

We watched for a while until it seemed that they were going to take down a huge part of the top of the tree and, at the same time, a second person was hidden behind it dragging branches to a hidden truck.  I let him have a good look at the goings-on, then turned him, and we walked back.  He was slightly nervous, but nothing much and we proceeded to gait and canter around the ring.

My horse is an amazing horse.

It's hard getting a clear shot when in motion!  To the right is a sharp drop to a stream.

The golden boy!  You can see the Blue Kote on his toe.  He currently has a hole going up his toe which I dig out with the leather needle on my pocket knife, then spritz in Blue Kote to keep the funkies out.  Unfortunately, it dribbles... and dribbles UP his toe since I put it on with it lifted.

Butt.

And a random shot I found of my slutty, slutty tux Vinnie.  Just cuz.

2 comments:

Funder said...

Oh, what a rockstar! Love it when they suddenly turn into Good Citizens!

Kate P said...

Looking good, Peanut! And, uh, Vinny, you- well, you should sit like a gentleman, dude.