Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Yeowza

It's been busy!

I spent a week in Dallas for work.

I got a new job.

:)

Same company, different area, promotion.  This is the level where the AVPs and VPs dwell, although I will not be quite at that point yet.  It's both exciting and terrifying, and was arduous (4 interviews over 3 weeks) and involved much emotional eating (and too much wine), followed by much celebrating (and too much wine).  My poor waistline....

I start in the middle of next month.

Not much time to ride, but still working with the saddle.  I evened up the stirrups, but they are now far too long for my stubby legs.  After my short, sad ride on Sunday I took my pocket knife and cut new slits in them to shorten them up.  We'll see how that works.

I could tell Peanut was pissed when we were cantering up a hill and he dropped his head then arched his back.  Yeah no.  We ended up cantering around the outside of the ring until we got a decent canter, but I was in a terrible place because I was reaching for those damn stirrups.  I may just have to have the fitter out again already.  She did ask for a shot of my saddle done up in these leathers/stirrups from the front, and who am I to keep the glory that is Peanut from the world?

I did pull out the rasp for the first time in a long time and freshened up Peanut's mustang rolls on his fronts.  He gets trimmed on Saturday, but they were looking droopy.  No one likes a droopy roll.


4 comments:

Funder said...

Woah, congrats! Are you moving?!

Glad the saddle is still happy, even if the stirrups aren't quite there yet. ;)

Sara said...

Thank you!

I'm not moving, except that my desk will be in a different wing of the building that I'm in, and one floor down.

It's going to be odd making a right after the guard station instead of a left. I've been making that left for almost 10 years.

Funder said...

Whew! And good luck making that right. ;)

Kate P said...

Oh yeah, you got the job! You deserve it. You've been working like CRAZY.

Peanut's looking very model-y in that pic. He must feel awesomely groomed.