Friday, August 1, 2014

The Mightiest Kitty of All!

I was sitting on the bed today, playing with Alex who was batting at a sock as I dug through laundry.  I felt him catch his claw under my wedding ring, but thought that it just slipped right out.

And then I saw something funny on the sheet.  So I picked it up.

A diamond?

A diamond.....

MY RING!

I quickly brought up my left hand and looked at my ring, only to find a gap where moments before the diamond perched.

Yes, Alex's one little claw is both mightier than diamond and titanium.  I have been married for over 11 years, with two versions of this same ring (can't be sized, yo), and never had an issue.  But lo, the Mighty Claw of Alex doth tore it from its titanium cage.

Best of all, the ring started to collapse on my finger, closing its new, empty gap.  I quickly started to fret and pull as I worked it off of my finger, hoping to get it off before it was too late.

My ring and diamond are now in a baggie, waiting for a trip to the jewelry store.  My poor naked finger.

All hail General Alexander de Helios, holder of the Mighty Claw.  May his reign be benevolent and great.

2 comments:

Kate P said...

Wow! Don't mess with the big strong kitteh.

Funder said...

That's a badass looking ring. All hail the mighty diamond hunter Alex!