We were out for more than an hour but barely went anywhere. We watched deer, he sniffed everything in sight, and he ate a lot.
He ate fallen leaves, fallen trees, grass, and even took the mushrooms off of a fallen trunk... those he quickly spit out again.
I spent a lot of the ride with this view:
But that's ok. I just wanted some stress-free time with my Nutter.
At one point he did a surprise mountain goat routine that had us standing on a perch which left me just hoping that he wouldn't fall on top of me. Couldn't go forward, couldn't go backward, couldn't dismount with the drop to one side and the hill rising on the other. How he managed to get down with a shred of grace is beyond me, but I laughed like a loony for a while out of relief.
He also occasionally made his piggy purring sounds, which are so adorable and funny but probably means he has a stuffy nose.
He's a good, fuzzy boy. I needed that break.



No comments:
Post a Comment