Work is really beginning to grate on my nerves. I worked 6 days this week, including 8 hrs on Thanksgiving tyvm, and I worked from 10:30am-6:30pm yesterday. What does this mean? I got to groom and hand walk Peanut into Fair Hill on Thanksgiving since I got out of work at 2 (and left for the barn after 3 due to needing to find lunch), and yesterday I got Peanut out of the field and groomed him a little as he grazed around his pasture before work.
I can't ride today because it's raining raining raining, and, oh, I leave from work to go to Dallas for a business trip tomorrow night, and I need to prepare today. I haven't been able to prepare all week because all I do is work, come home, be grumpy, eat, and go to bed. I don't feel like standing in the rain today and developing a foul, resentful mood, and besides I can't since all of my clothes are currently washing. At least I think that I can find myself enough to last until next Monday night when I come home.
Instead, I'll sit at home, dry, and develop my foul, resentful mood.
I really hope that my boss will let me have Tuesday off, or my mood will just darken further. I'm working the Saturday I come back, too, and it looks like I'll have to take the end of the shift again, once again ruining all hopes of seeing the boys for any length of time.
I'd post out, but the promotion that I got still stirs enough loyalty in me to hang on, but dammit I moved to this department to get on day shift and have my weekends and holidays back. Well, at least I'm on day shift... sort of... when it doesn't extend to 8pm.
Have I had the chance to work on anything from the lesson? Hell no. Who has the time? All I do is work.
grumble grumble grumble
2 comments:
You can either have enough money or enough time. Never both at once :(
Only a couple more weeks til the solstice and then it starts getting light sooner and then it's almost spring and it'll all be good again!
My word verification is calbell. NEEDS MORE CALBELL!
I could always be independently rich and have both money and time, but I was born to the wrong family. Bother.
I keep thinking of the days getting lighter, and then realizing that it will be late April before I can do anything meaningful after work again, and then I get even more depressed. Argh.
Post a Comment