I'm home, hooray. Once the laundy is done and I have some clothes, I plan to go see the boys and see if I can get a ride in. I haven't ridden since my lesson, ergh.
I'm happy that both Gene and Peanut don't care if it's been a day since your last ride or a month. They're the same no matter what. I honestly don't understand horses who are otherwise, although I hear a lot about them (especially from the arabian folk), but that's probably only because I have never really encountered it myself.
Dallas was nice, the Dallas staff was very friendly and I gained two pounds on Bank-comped food. I had some great meals, was actually able to find something to eat everywhere we went which surprised my vegetarian self. They actually cater to hippies like me in TX? Keen.
We saw where JFK was shot. Went the the museum in the book depository on the Bank's dollar, stared out of the window next to the one where Oswald was, was approached by a conspiracy nut who wanted "donations" while we were wandering around the not-so-grassy grassy knoll, and wished the whole time that my mother was there to give me the perspective of someone who was 18 at the time it happened.
I also saw the King Tut exhibit, also on the Bank's dollar. I missed it in Philly, actually showing up at the Franklin Institute the day before it closed to find it sold out, and regretted it. But, hah! One business trip later and I fell ass-backwards into being able to go. I wish that I could have made off with the Akhenaten bust that was with the Tut predecessor exhibits, but the damn thing was taller than I was and, well, security would have made sure that my ass was grass.
Well, I'm home and looking forward to seeing the Nutterbear. While the wash dries, I'm just catching up on the internet and battling my computer. Must have picked up something somewhere, and it's balking like Peanut when asked to gait in his old saddle. I re-ran Spybot, cleared some stuff out, and it seems to have settled down a bit.
2 comments:
Oh my, a nice review of Texas! How cool!
(I've only ever driven through, and I have the True Southerner's deep disdain for stupid Texas. I'll mess with you if I want!)
Also, I suspect those horses who get crazy if they're not worked regularly are just hyped up on too much sugar/grain. Just a suspicion!
I was wary of Texas myself, but as soon as one of the people that I sat with at lunch started badmouthing Dubbya, I felt at home.
That could be it (regarding getting hyped up). Part of me wonders if it could also be that those horses really don't enjoy their jobs. That if they have to do it daily they get into a rut, but if they get a break they go HELL NO when it's time to work again.
Post a Comment