As an aside, as soon as I can evacuate 7G if irreplacable stuff this computer is getting flattened and rebuilt. Whatever it has is deep, and my problems all started with the installation of service pack 3 by microsoft. I can only rarely access sites that require a login.
Well, I'm not seeing the horses this weekend. I worked yesterday which turned into a 14-hour workday. I went in at 7am, and didn't leave until 9pm. I am so glad that Saba was keeping me company while I did turnover so that, when I found the issue that I had to resolve before I could leave, it didn't leave me a sobbing mess. Instead, Saba jumped back into work mode and we completed it together, staying 5 hours past her original quitting time. I so owe her.
Ah well, it's 14 hrs of double time (minus my 6 minutes for lunch), so hopefully I'll appreciate it when the money arrives.
Still, it left me so exhausted that I woke up this morning, fed the cats, had breakfast, and promptly fell asleep again until 1pm. After I could finally get up and about again, it was about 3 before I got in the shower, and by then it's pointless especially since Rick has another migraine and I'm too downtrodden to go alone. I'm not in a good place mentally - something that Peanut would immediately fix - but I can't get myself to the point where I can see him by myself.
Luckily, it's the last Sat that I should have to work this month. So, let's see, I worked this past Saturday (yesterday), both Saturday and Sunday before that in Dallas, and the Saturday before that where I stayed until almost 7pm. I swear, if this keeps up this will become just a place for me to whine.
Ah well.... at least Anne Marie and Rick went riding yesterday, with Anne on Peanut. I hear that it's been decided that Peanut is definitely a one-person horse, as he was just plain sluggish and distracted.
I rode this past Tuesday, but not far as the trails were rather mucky and the horses weren't enjoying it. They both kept trying to ride the edges of the trail (like usual), and Peanut at least kept losing his footing and sliding sideways. At one point I thought he startled hard, but Rick said that he slid again and was scrambling to keep us from going down.
We quickly got off the blue trail so that we could loop back through a secondary, and stopped to let them graze in one of the fields. At least that made them happy.
They were just both so distracted and felt so unhappy, which I found out when I said to Rick that Peanut seemed that he was uncomfortable, like his tack wasn't sitting right. Rick immediately said that Gene felt the same way. When we got back, Peanut's back was perfect. It easily shows the slightest rub or pressure point - especially in the winter - but his fur was smooth and evenly compacted and I never get a pain response out of it. Hmmm.
Maybe he noticed the weight I gained in Dallas, or the bit of weight that I'm still gaining because I am doing some serious emotional eating. I really need to cut it out.
Or maybe it was because I spent the whole time trying to keep my toes straight ahead instead of straight out....
1 comment:
Ugh, sorry your computer's being flaky. A couple weeks ago, Graham had me halfway convinced my HDD controller was about to die - I actually backed up all my data just in case! Turned out I just needed to close some of the 37 browser windows I had open (hey, I was looking for recipes and I needed all those windows!) and switch the wireless router to a different channel. Neighbors brought home a new cordless something or other.
And Peanut is probably just messing with your head. You're not so fat you're hurting him! Silly girl :p
Post a Comment