I am thinking of going with another trimmer, and Dawn is actually encouraging us. At our trim, she was having a very hard time in the heat. Her health problems are starting to pile on top of each other (joint issues, numb hands, etc) and I keep in mind that not only is she retired, she's already had a heart attack.
When she was out with her latest injury, her sub was a trimmer that Dawn says thinks on exactly the same lines as she does. Dawn would really like to just get into teaching people to trim and concentrate more on learning equine nutrition... and here we are. Both of us learned trimming, and neither are practicing nor have a desire to.
I'm pretty sure that she was heavily hinting that we should change trimmers.
I'm... conflicted. I can completely understand... but it's our Dawn.
In other news, since Hoppy's adjustment, Peanut and I aren't the same under saddle as we were before. Hopefully it was just due to situations (one time we went out at dusk, and I could tell that the last thing he wanted was to be anywhere near the Terror Woods), so I'll just have to keep riding. I wish I knew what happened.
Tonight Anne and I walked in Fair Hill. She walked her dog, I walked Peanut, and we were probably quite a sight. I ended up exhausted, sweaty, and with two ticks to show for my troubles. Peanut actually seems to enjoy walking trails when there's no one flopping around on his back and messing with his head. He kept getting in front of me, so I was in ground driving position, and powering his way down the trails with his nose to the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment