Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pictures and mystery solved

I think (hope) that I have cracked the mystery of Peanut's little raw bits.

I think I had his girth backwards.

This is the girth I use, and it's supposed to cut back at the elbows and extend forward on the sternum. Judging from the look of my girth today, it had to have been on backwards at some point, with the elbow relief actually driving into his elbows. Poor baby. TWHs are so tolerant, he never even let on that anything was amiss.

But, anyway, pictures! Cell phone pictures!

I took these during one of our walks, a couple of weeks ago. He always poses during them, and I never have a camera. So, I pulled out the ol' cell and decided to see what I could get. These are all the result of a herd of deer that was to the side of the trail ahead of us.


"DEER!"



"Deer eat horses, right?"



"No, no, it's ok. Peanut just has to outrun this biped."



"But there's more than one deer! The rest will come after Peanut!"


Then everyone spooked and the deer departed to eat horses elsewhere.

Here's one shot by Rick. It's a tiny, tiny shot showing Peanut playing with the hoof stand. I'd finish with a front foot and he'd grab it and toss it around a bit. Doof.

3 comments:

restoration42 said...

Hi, I discovered your blog today and have spent an enjoyable hour reading through the archives. I really enjoy your descriptions of lessons, you make the info very accessible and easy to apply. Please accept this "I Love Your Blog" award! To pick it up, stop by http://babayagasmirror.blogspot.com/2009/08/thank-you-for-i-love-this-blog-award.html

restoration42 said...

PS - cueing a stop using that squeezie thing with the thighs works like MAGIC. Tried it at the beach yesterday. Never heard of it before.

Sara said...

Thank you!

I'm glad that the squeezies worked for you. It's so simple but so effective. I can't believe that I got through the past 5 years of lessons without the merest whisper of it!