I haven't felt like writing lately, work is getting to me. Long story. Exhausting.
But, Peanut's eye was fabulous the next day, although Anne-Marie was able to tell which eye had it. When I saw him again, it was completely back to normal and I could no longer see anything wrong with his cornea. I finally took his forelock out of the braid that it was in all week that kept it out of his eye.
We went on a hike, and a ride. The hike went well as far as Peanut was concerned (I didn't fare well), and I rode for the first time with Cheyenne's leaser. Peanut was not thrilled with the rocks. I really feel like I should go for the Hoofwings. $$$$
Well, my Lasik will be paid off in another couple of months, can't have money sitting around useless, can I?
Peanut is now getting a twice-daily vitamin/mineral supplement to go with his "starvation" diet. Dawn's been pushing me to do it for years, but with soil/hay analysis so that I do it right. I am lazy, so I never went forward with it, and instead he is now getting a pre-made supplement: Barn Bag. It basically supplements hay and pasture without being a contributor of calories and is sugar-free. He gets a quarter cup morning and night, fed out of the palms of J & J, and Peanut's thrilled. I knew he'd love to be part of the Bucket Club.
Gene will start to get grained soon to keep his weight up in winter. I'm thinking he might just get oats, with Barn Bag added for nutrients. I'll have to look into it.
1 comment:
Same here with work! I'm trying very hard to change jobs... I'm so far beyond done here...
So glad his eye's better!
Haven't been out to see Daniel since Saturday between the horse show and stupid job... going to try to go today.
Glad you're getting weight off Peanut. Mrs W. did a great job getting weight off Daniel this summer while I was out of commission, and he's in a grazing muzzle now. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to ride him more; it'll be good for both of us!
Post a Comment