Last weekend, in the cold cold cold air of a surprisingly seasonal day, Anne and I took the critters for a hike. We went to the hill where Mona likes to rush and think that the ghoulies are going to come out of the woods for a Friesian feast, and just beyond is the stretch where Peanut fell and where the shots were being fired.
Peanut didn't care.
Well, he did.
There was grass under his nose, and he cared about that.
There was Mona whom he currently hates for some reason, and he cared about that. Granted, he didn't try to kick her this time, but there were plenty of evil looks and a couple of lunges at her butt that I was able to halt.
That is all. That was the extent of his caring.
I haven't seen him so chill out on trail since the leaves were still on the trees. He was completely at ease, walked without care (unless there was grass to be nibbled or Mona to be glowered at), and it was great to see. My boy is back.
It was funny: Anne was desperately trying to get Mona calm enough to put her head down and grab a bite on that hill, and I was desperately trying to haul Peanut's head up from grabbing a bite so we could actually get somewhere. I swear, no matter how good my seat and legs become, he will always have to be ridden in a bridle just to keep the piggy from planting and noshing.
1 comment:
It is always so good to see you and Peanut just chillin'. I know Mona and I will get there. Still so green we are. I really don't get what she is so scared of. Silly horse...
Post a Comment