Around.
It's been quiet. I've been seeing the Nuts once a week as I have been frantic to get my jewelry up in a shop (which it is, I have a lot of updates for my other blog), and so I haven't really been able to enjoy the freaky warm weather. I keep telling myself that I shouldn't really ride him in this weather anyway as he's overdressed for it.
So, what happened....
They got trimmed. I went on a hike with Anne-Marie, Mona, and Nutterbear. This was during a strangely cold snap where there was snow topped with ice on the ground. Snow, in January? Who would have thought?! During the hike, Peanut rolled in a virgin patch of snow/ice and left a dirty mark. Yes, there was a large blob of tan the same color as he right on the crushed patch of snow. My horse is dirt colored, or dirt is palomino colored, or Peanut's fur dye is not permanent. All of the horses were in incredibly good spirits that day. I swear, the more I know these critters the more I think they like it as cold as possible.
I also rode last weekend, mainly because I felt like I had to. Neither Peanut nor I enjoyed ourselves. Nothing bad happened, but my heart just wasn't in it and Peanut kept trying to drift in directions other than the one I was asking for. It was really just the definition of Bleh.
So.... eh. I am waiting for longer days and I am wanting to do some more solo rides. I think that I need to regularly ride solo or else my riding relationship with the Nuts suffers. It just isn't the same when I can't concentrate fully on the two of us and our epic quests across the street.
4 comments:
Yeah, that's January for ya. It's always hard for me to care, but now it's Feb so you should snap out of it soon. :)
My paint is yellow and smells atrocious. :( I hear you on the dirty horse!
Thank you, I really hope so!
Peanut only smells dusty, but I wonder what color he's hiding under all of that dirt! Can't bathe the hairy beast in the winter, so I'll never know.
What, there's no "dry shampoo" for ponies? (Seriously, I have no idea. If not, we should invent it and make money!)
I.... I.... have no idea. :o
Post a Comment