Thursday, May 28, 2015

Teaser

The Gene painting is done - last two coats of varnish went on today.  It is now at the framer's where it will be professionally scanned and thus I will have a killer, hi-res digital version.  Richard wants it so he can make a version to have at work, I just want to be able to have a decent photo of it.

Because I don't.

This sucks.


There is strong sunlight on the right side which is completely blowing out a lot of details, plus it isn't varnished yet.  I can't wait for the official scan!

And then today this happened - the pencil sketch of my first Peanut painting!  It's actually between two of the pics I posted earlier - him stretched out on the ground and him all curled up all dainty-like.  I just love his front legs and the motion in this one.


In other news, Peanut turned 15 (which I missed due to horrible weather) and Gene turned 28 (which we celebrated with a pedi - aka his regularly-scheduled trim).  :)