Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Peanut revelation and progress

Lately I've been riding at least weekly, and I have learned some things.

I'm happiest going over well-known trails, instead of going off to explore, and simply playing around on them.  I've come to appreciate quality over quantity.

I no longer face every ride wondering what Peanut and I are going to fight about, nor do I return after having at least one battle with him.  We have had ride after ride where we don't fight at all.  We go, we ride, we come back, and everyone's happy.

Peanut's reaction to being saddled seems to reflect on his experience in our last ride.  When I next tried to tack him up after the ride where he tried to attack another horse and had a generally bad time, he avoided the saddle.  We had a great ride that day, and the next time he stood very well for saddling.  Instead of reacting to the saddle fit, as he used to, he reacts instead to his memory of the previous ride.

And progress continues on the painting:

More work on the green drapery:




At that point I was satisfied with the drapery, so it's time to actually move on to the pony.


I am starting with the darkest parts of the tail, and will move through to highlights.  Peanut, being an odd little palomino, has a black center to his tail, and it's obvious here as the hair parts over his dock.

1 comment:

Funder said...

I'm so glad you're in a happy place with Peanut. :)