Thursday, June 18, 2009

Granny Annie and the endless rain

Anne-Marie became a grandmother yesterday. Her daughter Amanda popped out little Lucas - over a week overdue. Silly maiden mares.

In other news, the rain continues. I must be a rain god like in Hitchhiker's Guide. The clouds follow me, love me, and water me.

If so, I am so totally going to rent myself to the local governments of drought-plagued regions. I'll make a mint.

When I left work the rain had stopped, the sky was bright in the direction of the barn, and so Rick and I agreed to head out. As I turned north, it suddenly turned dark. As I drove down the barn's road, the drops started hitting the windshield. As soon as I arrived, the heavens opened.

Rick and I ended up staying in the tack room. We pulled the suberpanel off of my saddle and placed the panels back inside. Crikey, they do not make that easy.

Maybe I'll actually be able to see my horse this weekend.....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay!!! Congrats to her! She must be over the moon!!!

I feel your pain - I haven't seen Daniel since Monday and I haven't ridden since Sunday. I have a class ALL DAY Saturday AND Sunday... UGH I wish this rain would just stop! Enough already
:-)