Tuesday, June 16, 2009

saddle thoughts

I think that I will replace the suberpanel on my saddle with the original panels for my next ride and see how it works. The saddle is fabulous for me, but I wonder about Peanut's back reaction and the fact that my weight seems to be mostly to the back. He's still better than he's ever been in a saddle, but I still wonder what if.

We'll see how it goes, and what Peanut thinks.

Trip report to follow, pending a nice day. Stupid grey skies that kept me away today....

On an unrealted note, because my fatass cat Alex is currently all over it and making it hurt, my right shoulder has been giving me a lot of trouble for the past couple of weeks. That whole shoulder area hasn't been right for years, was made worse when I dislocated it, and made even worse after the car accident.

There's one spot which is always sore to the touch, right at the top edge of my shoulder, and the back of the area from my neck to that shoulder is never very happy anymore. They've really been acting up lately.

I've become protective of it when I'm leading Peanut. I find myself leading him using my body to put pressure on the lead rather than that arm. I'll clutch the lead to my body, bracing my arm against my front, and just walk into the lead. In fact, the pain was in hibernation until I led Peanut around the trails as the Legacy group rode. After that, I was in agony for about a month. Since then... it comes and goes.

There is absolutely no way that I can trim. I wonder what Dawn will say.

3 comments:

Funder said...

Oooh, so sorry your shoulder's still bugging you. Injuries take so long to heal sometimes. :(

Dawn will probably say you are a complete failure as a client and fire you. :P

Definitely interested in how the other panel works!

Sara said...

Dawn might just fire us... actually. :/

My shoulder has me so pissed off. Of course it has to be my dominant one, but that's probably exactly why it IS this one. Grrrr.

Yvonne said...

Hi Sara. I'm reading now Yogo for Equestrians. So cool. Got pain? I swear by Yoga.