All of our Delaware sites closed at 3pm today because, yep, the gov declared a State of Emergency.
If it was declared in the middle of the storm, with it supposed to keep snowing until the wee hours, what are the chances of it being lifted tomorrow? I've already prepared our sister site (which is halfway across the country) to find everything they need to complete my daily reporting, so hopefully my deed is done. Well, that and the fact that I am an author of our Business Recovery Plan which, if we are shut down tomorrow, will go into effect.
Anyway, what does a State of Emergency look like in Delaware?
Why, like this on the main roads:
And this on the secondary roads:
Gene has been snuggled in his blanket since last night, and Peanut donned one this morning before the snow started. It's supposed to be windy, snowy and have wind chills well in the negative numbers tonight. Gene probably does better with it at this point, but at the same time I didn't like the thought of a wet Peanut dealing with the winds and the cold tonight. :(
My stomach was in knots all day over the horses, although seeing a text saying that Gene did not sweat under his heavy blanket overnight (in the balmy 30s) made me feel so much better.
I just got a call from my boss. Our Emergency Notification system is supposed to go out at 6am to notify us of the day ahead and we are not to leave home until then.
I'm tired and wouldn't mind a day off to do art. I was out enjoying myself all day Monday and never got supplies (whoops), but I can scrounge up some crumbs.


No comments:
Post a Comment