Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What happened here?

First, the horses are doing just fine and they still have 4 ears between them.

There's a thing on Peanut for the first time in 9 years.



It's borrowed from one of the other boarders as the sun was rapidly retreating and I didn't know how I'd get to the tack shop and back (with a blanket that would invariably be the wrong size) and then struggle with it since I don't know diddly about blankets.  She's a fab co-boarder, and is one of Gene's biggest fans.  He has her totally manipulated.

Peanut stood perfectly for blanketing... which she did as I don't know crap-all.  I know he was blanketed liberally in his youth, but that was a long time ago.  He was generally grumpy though, basically telling me "no.  Noooooo.  NO!" as I tried to lead him from the newly thrown hay.  He was perfectly happy to be my puppy until he got a snootful of hay.

Then I learned that a load of alfalfa had been accidentally bought instead of a load of grass hay.  So, for the cold, cold night they are getting alfalfa, then they are getting half and half until they can return the alfalfa.

No wonder Peanut was sad.

They will get their blankets off in the morning.  Maybe I can sleep tonight.  Of course the wind is much, much calmer tonight.

Note to self, Gene has an 80" blanket (but could probably use an 82"), and Peanut is a 78".

3 comments:

Funder said...

Awww, he's so fluffy! And so irritated to have dinner interrupted. Glad everybody stayed warm!

I have a bookmark named BUY THE 72 that goes to a blanket on sstack, lol.

Sara said...

Ugh, fitting blankets is annoying. I actually measured Peanut at an 80", but the 78" he's wearing here is even a trifle big. I understand the bookmark. What a nightmare.

He is damned fluffy! There was plenty of room at his neck but the blanket looks tight due to the massive fluffiness. He really is my little yak in winter.

Kate P said...

Well, I know it wasn't an easy decision but it's good they benefited from it. Yikes it was cold.

They're pretty good blanket models, y'know. :)