It looks like I'm taking a day to myself. Rick's at a LAN party, Anne's off in a tax class in preparation for her volunteer work helping low income folk file their taxes, and I'm just not up to facing the world alone. Instead I'm staying home and working on Anne's belated Christmas present... and dammit this last application of epoxy refuses to cure.
I'm reading a book that I picked up at Bit of Britain called Taking up the Reins which is fascinating, especially if you know a bit of dressage going into it. I did start grumping at the description of the German barn where the horses are stalled except for one hour in the ring a day, except for the warmer weather where they get about an hour of solitary turn-out. Still, it's very interesting.
I realize that I'm not using Peanut to anything close to his full potential, but at this point I want nothing more than a buddy that I can hang out with, occasionally go exploring with, and that's basically it. He loved jumping, but I don't and I worry about his fetlocks. Dressage seemed to come rather easily to him in competent hands, but I find dressage boooooring. It's great to do a leg yield to avoid an obstacle, but in the ring I find it so fussy. Meh. Maybe when the days lengthen and the air warms we'll get back on those trails and I'll start working on my confidence, but beyond that? Eh, maybe competitive trail rides or something. I doubt I'd even do that, though.
Stupid epoxy. Cure, dammit. You were supposed to be set an hour ago, and I know that I didn't mess up ratios. Get to it.
PS- I can't wait for Rupaul's Drag Race to start! I'll have to watch it online since I don't get Logo, but damn, a hybrid between Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Shear Genius, and whatever the hell the makeup one was (can't keep all these things straight - straight haha) starring a bunch of men with tucks? FABULOUS.
1 comment:
Please tell your husband that 1995 called and they'd like their LAN party back. :P
Don't start worrying about Peanut's full potential. Are yall having fun and enjoying each other? That's the most important thing, I think. He'll never know nor care that he could've possibly been a GP superstar!
Post a Comment