Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dude, that's so lame. Part 3

Dawn didn't seem impressed by Peanut's blown out heel.  She shortened the wall to keep it off the ground and we did a White Lightning (WL from now on) soak.  I also bought 2 bottles of WL off of her, since it's nearly impossible to find outside of farrier supply stores, and the closest that Dawn talks about is in Lancaster (in the middle of Amish land).

She said it's no big whoop, and that it will grow out just fine.  I'll just keep up the trim and do a weekly soak in WL.  Of course, I leave next Monday on a 2 week long business trip to Dallas, so Anne will do the soak when I'm gone.

The heel could look very ugly, could break off at some point, and odd happenings may occur in the sole, but whatever.  He'll just be adapting and it will eventually all go back to normal.  :)

Dawn also did a pretty severe roll on the front toes to attack those ugly cracks.  They look better already!

We took a 3+ hour walk today with Anne riding Gene, and I hurt all over.  Peanut's feet, however, held up quite well.  His heel and foot are no longer moving independently.

As an aside, I forgot to mention that the vet recommended that I give Peanut a bute to help with the pain.  I haven't given him bute in ages, and as I was holding the enormous pill, wondering where the pill crusher went, Peanut started nosing at my fingers.  I offered up the bute, and he took it!  After a few chews, you could see that he was wondering wtf just went in his mouth and whether it should stay there or not, but I promptly offered a lot of cookies and he ate it all just fine.  Awwww.  :)

No comments: