Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Powerful Peepers, Part 4

I saw Lewis Black in Wilmington on Friday night, and it would have been better in my glasses.  Why?  He (and his opening comic) were shrouded in halos.  I wouldn't have guessed that it was him if I didn't know who I bought tickets for, plus the voice was recognizable.  I had good seats, too!

Rick did say that he wasn't looking his best, and that he might not have recognized him either.

Another thing is that my new peripheral vision let me see everything that the person next to me was doing.  Every flip open of the cell phone, every knuckle crack, every ADD-like squirm in the chair.  That combined with her constant arm rest hogging and her poking me in the side with her elbows distracted me with visions of her flying over the railing in front of us into the great expanse below.

Lewis was already having audience trouble, he didn't need that on top of it.  I resisted the urge.  0 :)

Ah well.  It was still worth it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Sara, I would have had homicidal feelings towards the person who was fidgity and hogging the armrest, too!!!
:-)