I had my (belated) 1 month exam for my eyes today. 20/20 baby. My left eye is finally doing its share of the work. In fact, I noticed this a couple of weeks ago. Once the first two weeks passed, everything seemed to stabilize and improve, and the feeling of having something in my eye disappeared.
I still have halos and still use lubricating drops, but I can see! My halos may never go away because I have larger-than-normal pupils, but I can see!
I'll still catch myself thinking that I need to take my glasses off when I go to bed, or I panic because I have to remember to clean them before I go to work. Once Rick was watching something on TV after I had decided to snooze, and I was thinking of peeking at the TV to see what was going on. Unfortunately, I didn't want to have to roll over, grab my glasses off of the night stand, put them on the end of my nose so that I could see the TV, so I didn't bother opening my eyes. Then it hit me... oh yeah. OH YEAH!
What gets me almost everytime is the shower. I get a moment of panic where I tell myself that I have to take off my glasses before I get wet. Then I remember. :)
When it rains, and it's been raining a lot lately, I no longer walk with the glasses slouch that keeps drops from hitting lenses. Instead, I hold my head high and enjoy the spray.
I do still miss my magno-vision. One of the most noticable things is that there are two moles on one of my shoulders. Before, they looked worryingly large, now they look tiny and harmless. I can't believe the size difference; I think that they are less than half the size they were before the surgery.
The November issue of Consumer Reports has an article about laser eye surgery. It wasn't nearly as optimistic as most reports, and it went over the kinds of things that you should make sure your doctor does (or at least goes into what some doctors do). All were done before my procedure - I swear I went through a lot more testing than CR recommended - and that makes me very happy. They have survey results of people who had Lasik, and I think I'm doing better than average.
I am very, very glad that I did it.
Now I just have to pay for it.
(On a horsey note, the vet is coming to see Peanut on Tuesday.)
2 comments:
Very cool, showing this to Graham.
Let me know if he has any specific questions. I'll be happy to answer. :)
Post a Comment