Mona foaled last night, much to everyone's surprise as all signs pointed to holding off for a little while longer. Nope, wee chestnut girl decided to make her grand entrance overnight while no one was looking! Either that, or Mona knew that she could lose the muzzle if she got that baby out.
I was out last night to see her, to give her a trim. She is no Peanut! I've got trimming Peanut down, and Mona was quite the challenge. I only got the fronts done, and when I got home I realized that I only put an arch on her left foot, not her right. Whoops. I'll have pics once my computer is excavated from my living room which is in the throes painting prep.
Yep, I done trimmed dat baby right outta her!
Anyway, baby. So, Mona and Eddie both carried chestnut... who knew? Eddie was red but with black points and Mona is... well... a Friesian.
2 comments:
Hahah, I did, but you know how scatterbrained I am. If she comes to Reno or Sacramento, I'd love to come audit, but I can't afford to go further afield.
Cute baby! Does A-M get to play with the baby til it's weaned?
She'll be too far away. Shoot. My email is blocked at work, but I remember something about NM and AZ. Bother.
Anne does! She took today off to go see them, and until she's weaned I'm sure she'll be all over both momma and foal.
Post a Comment