Anyway, more pics I took Saturday. He has a lovely popped abscess on his right hind. Who knew? He wasn't lame. In these first two pics, his right is trimmed, his left is not. Nice cracks. That's Dawn in front, holding him, as I get myself in places you never should around a horse. :3
Here I blather about my bumblings with two horses: my 15 year-old palomino TWH Peanut and my husband's 28 year-old leopard bay TB/Appy cross Gene.
We are primarily trail riders, boarding across the street from one of the best systems of bridle trails in the Northeast.
Oh... and it seems that this has also become something of an art blog. Alas....
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
peer pressure and more photos
On Saturday's ride, Peanut and I had just caught up with the group at the far side of the first field leading into more woods when, the next thing I knew, the horse in front shot sideways. The horse behind her shot sideways as well, soon followed by Gene. Peanut stood for a second, like he was thinking things over, and he half-heartedly spooked sideways. He couldn't even see the Horse Eating Bike that started the whole thing. Damned peer pressure. Or herd pressure.
Anyway, more pics I took Saturday. He has a lovely popped abscess on his right hind. Who knew? He wasn't lame. In these first two pics, his right is trimmed, his left is not. Nice cracks. That's Dawn in front, holding him, as I get myself in places you never should around a horse. :3
Anyway, more pics I took Saturday. He has a lovely popped abscess on his right hind. Who knew? He wasn't lame. In these first two pics, his right is trimmed, his left is not. Nice cracks. That's Dawn in front, holding him, as I get myself in places you never should around a horse. :3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment