Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Powerful Peepers, Part som'n

Hopefully, this will be the last entry in my Lasik saga.

I had my almost-a-year follow-up last week, and they put up the chart, asked me to read the smallest line that I could before the doc came in, and started writing.

Now come on, that can't be right, the smallest line was terribly easy to read.  The letters were big and sharp as can be.  Where's the challenge?

I asked if that was the 20/20 line.  Yep.

The doc came in, commented that the prescription measurements (from the machine you look into and watch things go blurry and then clear) showed basically no numbers which is good - I have no prescription.  As he was writing, I asked if I could see the 20/15 line.

That popped up, I rattled off the letters.

With a grin, he put up what looked like a bunch of smudges.  He said that was the 20/10 line, and so I stared at it a bit.  I was able to make out that the middle one was an O and the one beside it was a T.  He said that was impressive that I could pick out two of the 20/10s.

So, my vision has gone from 20/400+ (couldn't see the big E on the chart) to 20/15.  Grand!

I still have some halos at night, but I think that I am getting used to them.  They really don't worry me much anymore.

The moral of the story is: laser vision is great!  The first two weeks were horrible, but, zounds, it's fabulous to be able to see.

I have more to write about horses, but my computer is still buried.  I'm writing this from work during break... shhhhh.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

congratulations, Sara! That's awesome that you're doing so well!!!