Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby pictures!

A Polaroid taken on 6/15/87, when Gene was less than a month old and with his dam, Mighty Bright Gal:


That tiny little head!  Those tiny little feet!

Now I can see why, when Hoppy first saw Gene, her first thought was, "that is a Mighty foal!"

For comparison purposes, I was just finishing up 6th grade and being told by my mother that I could have a horse when I grew up and bought one myself.

The below picture is from when he was about 3 years old.  The girl with the reins is now heavily pregnant, but has an open invitation to come visit the old man.


We do not have a working scanner, so these are not the best scans in the world but they'll do.

And, to balance things out, baby Peanut.  In the back is his dam, Allison's Princess.


This post brought to you by the letter DAWWWW!

3 comments:

Funder said...

Dawwwww indeed!

Man, look at Gene's dam. He came by those spots honestly! And those spindly little legs!

Peanut's cuter IMO! Knobby knees :3

Lisa said...

Adorable! That's great that you have "baby pics" of both your boys!

Sara said...

I'm very lucky that I was able to contact both original owners. :)

And yes, of course Peanut's cuter!