Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ride stats and Boo Bear

First, Peanut has granny ears.  I have captured his great humiliation, aka Doily Head, for posterity.  From a very, very nice ride yesterday.  Have I mentioned yet what an awesome horse I have?  Because I do.


I downloaded a GPS app to the phone, and here are the stats of my past two rides.  Both were short rides, alas.  I can't wait for weather and time to align again to allow for a real trek.

From 6/5:

Total Distance: 5.18 miles
Total Time: 1:19:44
Total Moving Time: 1:05:50
Max Speed: 8.75 mph
Average Speed: 3.90 mph
Average Moving Speed: 5.02 mph
Elevation Gain: 1269 ft
Min Elevation: 179 ft
Max Elevation: 505 ft

From 6/13:

Total Distance: 4.41 miles
Total Time: 1:05:16
Moving Time: 49:11
Max Speed: 11.51 mph (this is complete bollocks, btw, as we kept it relatively slow)
Average Speed: 4.06 mph
Average Moving Speed: 5.38 mph
Elevation Gain: 793 ft
Min Elevation: 250 ft
Max Elevation: 395 ft
Min Grade: -8.7%
Max Grade: 9.8 %

And this is/was Bonnie:




3 comments:

Funder said...

Are you sure you don't wanna ride like that all day? You could do an LD in 5 hours (ride time). It's fun! You can be even more misunderstood than you are now!

Bonnie was beautiful! I love dilutes :)

Sara said...

I don't know what fatty Peanut would think of a real LD, but we have taken longer rides. I'm dying to replicate them with the GPS on just to see what we really did.

Stupid tilt of the earth making it stupid hot already.

Bonnie was a very pretty kitty. It's funny how many people don't know about dilute cats, but then I've met a lot of people who don't understand dilute horses either.

Kate P said...

Aw, Peanut's ears look cute. And how interesting that Bonnie had a bib and socks--I usually don't think of calicoes (dilute or not) as having bibs. Pretty markings.