Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bouncy bouncy

At Rick's last lesson, Denise mentioned a great exercise for equestrians to build the core is to walk on one of those wee trampolines.  Hmmm... I've wanted one of those since I was a kid......  I'm not sure how it works on your core, but it's an excuse to get one.

Today, my Needak Rebounder arrived, along with a Wii game called Walk It Out.  According to the game, I walked about 2.5 miles today.  It was actually pretty fun, and hopefully I'll keep fitting it in.  I can't count on the calorie counter since I'm not walking normally, but I am definitely working up quite a sweat.  It's not bothering my knees at all, either, which is a big plus.

No horses today.  The barn is closed to boarders due to a wedding.  I have finished the custom padding to the Fhoenix, and hopefully will be able to try it out tomorrow.  It'll be a packed day - horses in the morning, farmer's market (open only on Sundays) in the afternoon, the Whose Line is it Anyway live show in the evening.  Oi.

No comments: