Monday, May 3, 2010

Doodle

I've been looking for a good drawing program for a long time now, and it would be very, very nice if it cost less than $600.  *cough Adobe cough*

Through following a blog linked from a blog, I found a drawing done in something I had never heard of before: Sketchbook Pro.  Oh look, it's less than $100!  Wonder how it does.  Golly gee, it has a free trial.  Keen.

I really need to learn horse anatomy from the inside out, but until then I can at least cartoon.  I really, really like this program so far.  :)

I just kept thinking to myself that he needs a long face ("if he was a quarter horse, his head would be several inches shorter" - Hoppy), that the back of his head is a lot bigger than his nose (his Dr. Cook bridle is horse size headstall, cob noseband, plus his halters tend to be very big in the nose and barely fit in the back).  Oh, and his upside down neck.  And, of course, those blond eyelashes.  :3

In other news, Dawn came to trim yesterday.  Peanut's feet look fabulous, despite the shedding frog, sole, chalkiness, and big holes from old abscesses.  His laminar connections are super tight where they aren't, um, voids.

His feet grew like weeds in these 5 weeks, and Dawn had to get out the nippers.  She hasn't had to use them in a while.  Guess who will be doing in-between trims?

Dawn is going to be published in The Horse's Hoof regarding her Panama clinic, which is quite groovy.  I can't wait.  She's also been told that she should write a book, and she said that if she did, she'd have to devote a chapter to Gene.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

"despite the shedding frog, sole, chalkiness"

Yeah, that's what Daniel's got going on...

Glad Peanut's feet are doing well!

Funder said...

Sniff. Quarter horses have pinheads. Don't compare your golden boy to those scrubs.

Sara said...

Lisa - I wonder if it's just something going on in the area right now? With all the moisture?

Funder - she said it when I mentioned that he is often mistaken for a quarter horse. She downright scoffed. Scoffed I tell you!