Hoppy came to see the boys Saturday morning and was very pleased with Gene. She says that he's better than ever, which makes us very proud. Usually she would have to coax him to his limits, but this time she was able to challenge those limits. We discussed again how he has changes in his neck; this time she mentioned those in the ligaments by his poll, and how they make the dressage headset very painful for him. Rick's been riding him low and long, because that's how Gene naturally carries himself. Hoppy was glad to hear that.
Shots of some various maneuvers. I didn't get the most extreme parts of either Peanut's or Gene's adjustments, but it was fascinating how, the more extreme the moves, the more the horses stayed planted in one spot and were very, very quiet and cooperative.
![]() |
| Some moves incuded patient participation. These are called "fly bites." |
![]() |
| Licking and chewing while processing between movements. |
![]() |
| Hoppy encourages us to do tail pulls on the boys, but we are understandably hesitant. She challenged Rick to ride him two days in a row, on days that are the same temperature, humidity, etc. One day just ride. The next day do a tail pull for 3 minutes before saddling. Compare results and become a believer. |
![]() |
| Peanut got to watch while his brother was worked on, then it was his turn. |
![]() |
| It was next to impossible to get pictures of Peanut's adjustment since I was holding him, but I did get a number of reaction shots. He was hilarious and I kept laughing at him. Not only did he make silly faces, but after some significant adjustments he would twirl his head around and stare at Hoppy. |
![]() |
| And then I went and saw Mona. :) |
2 comments:
The many faces of Peanut! The "participation" made me think of my visits to the chiropractor: "Now arms overhead, like you're diving. . ."
The funny thing is that I could never go to a chiropractor myself, but I've had my horses see them. Just the thought of it makes me wince!
Participation? ACK! *hides*
Post a Comment