I am currently cat sitting, so my bedroom has a new resident.
This kitty has a secret. You can sort of see the secret above, but....
What is going on in that picture? Time for a closer look.
Piggies.
So very many piggies.
He is so very polydactyl. He almost has a second, small foot attached to the side of each fore, and an extra toe on each rear (edit: he has 2 extra toes on one of his rears!). Trippy.
This could be considered somewhat cat related, I guess, but is otherwise unrelated. Yesterday I was bitten on the arm by a horse. I spun around to face him, opened my mouth wide and...
...hissed.
The horse was not impressed. I was left momentarily dumbfounded myself. I've hissed at Peanut a couple of times as well. Every time I feel a right ninny and am glad there are no witnesses.
I think I have too many cats.



5 comments:
Such a handsome kitty. Course I am just a little biased :)
You're allowed to be. :)
Awww! our catsitting charge is really cute. I love "big mitts." My aunt & uncle had a cat with extra toes on her front paws. It gave her extra balance when she'd walk up on the crossbeams in their home!
So how else are you supposed to tell a horse you don't like it when he bites you? Bite back?
Well... some people do bite back, to be honest. Horses have strong, possibly dangerous bites, so it's one time where people do not hesitate to fight fire with fire.
If it was my horse he probably would have received a smack (if I could have delivered it fast enough and knew it wasn't acting that way out of past abuse). I don't like physical discipline, but when a horse intentionally does something dangerous it can be warranted. A horse with a biting habit is a terrible thing. As it was, I should have at least growled and puffed up in a threatening manner. Instead, I hissed. It was a mighty hiss, but still just a hiss.
I love big mitts too! My cats seem so boring and normal in comparison. He can hold on to a shirt like velcro, though.
Squeee! I love polys. The more toes the merrier!
Post a Comment