Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Farewell, Ace

Today we tried to do right by Ace.  Rest in peace, #1 kitty (aka, the first pet Richard got when he moved out on his own).


This picture actually makes me feel better.  This cat is Ace.  The cat that went to the back with the vet tonight had not been that cat in a long while.  He was an emaciated shell, devoid of his personality, with sunken eyes and shaky steps.  Really, in the past week it all went to hell, and even more so in the past couple of days.  Kidney disease is not kind.  Even with aggressive potassium treatment our vet said we'd buy him a few days to two weeks more, and I couldn't bear to see him get even worse than he was.

3 comments:

irish horse said...

I'm so sorry. I have a 16-year-old cat myself, I know how important they are in your life. I am glad that happy picture is the kitty you will remember.

Funder said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, guys. Hugs.

Sara said...

Thank you very much.